Awesome Malta is a super cute cafe in Seoul, South Korea where a young Korean couple have set up a modern-day shrine to our beloved island. Eu-Eu Kim visited Malta in 2010 and fell in love with the islands.
After returning to Korea, Eu-Eu Kim opened a tiny cafe and decked it out in everything Maltese. Not only does it look like the most ‘awesome’ place to hang out, its got tonnes of adorable Malta paraphernalia.
Here’s a list of some of our favourite bits:
1. The shout-out to authentic Maltese tiles
2. The Malta/pop-culture themed drinking bottles
3. The gorgeous illustrated cafe logo
4. The food and drink that looks delicious
5. The amazing Malta-themed paintings
Eu-Eu Kim paints them herself!
6. Classic Maltese icons everywhere
So if you’re ever in the Seoul neighbourhood pay this cute little establishment a visit. It’s apparently super easy to get there. Go for the Green Line on the Metro, and stop at Hongik University.
Thanks Eu-Eu Kim for bringing Malta’s awesome to South Korea!